Hello everyone! Meet Lola and her lovely routine! She is a green juice, essential oil and Lotus Wei fan…aka a girl after our own hearts. Read on…
In the shower…
Outside the shower…
Thanks, Lola! Has anyone else been enjoying greens in the AM and feeling the results like Lola? How about the amazing herbal supplement success for decreased migraines?!
Hey all! Hope you are still enjoying these AM routines as much as we are. Please keep submitting if you haven’t yet! Today’s comes to us from Naomi, who is still using a product from the Quarterly subscription (yay!) and lots of other fun ones too… Read on!
Age: 39 (ouch!)
Current weather: schizophrenic! NYC trying desperately to molt into spring
Hair: chin length, fine, fairly straight dirty blonde without highlights but currently sun-kissed blonde (with highlights)
Skin: Fair-to-medium complexion, pernickety temperament – still experiencing a dose of winter dryness but currently pretty clear and smooth, just needing extra care and moisturising
Naomi is a regular around these parts, and Siobhan even had the pleasure of meeting her once at an event in New York. Herewith, her awesome routine!
In the shower…
Quick hair wash with California Baby Tea Tree shampoo (every week or two I use Ctonics Tantra shampoo for flakes) followed by a light condition with Suki conditioner. I use Clarisonic on my face (and sometimes décolleté) with Wei Beauty Chinese Rose Foaming Cleanser. Pits & bits get a wash with soap, currently using the one that came in my first Quarterly box (one personal care item that’s soooo easy to keep clean!). Every couple of weeks I do a full body scrub with one of the 100% Pure scrubs (not a purchase, it was free when I bought products a while back). When I don’t have a body scrub product (which I don’t tend to buy, I only use them if they came with something else) I use a body brush or the equivalent with a bit of my soap
Outside the shower…
I use one of three serums: Suki targeted bio-brightening face serum; Kahina Giving Beauty serum (a fave!); or One Love Morning Glory (compliments of a recent NMDL Friday Deal – thanks!). Then I use either 100% Pure Organic Coffee Bean Caffeine eye cream or Origins GinZing Refreshing eye cream, depending on if I feel puffiness or dark circles are a problem. After that, I us either 100% Pure Organic Pomegranate Antioxidant Hydration SPF20 or (if I’m definitely not spending any time outside) Bee Yummy Skin Food. It’s Vive Sana Polar to Solar sunscreen if I’ll be spending any real time outside, like weekends. A couple of times I week I moisturise with either Evan Healy body oil or Acure Organics Cocoa Butter + CoQ10 body lotion. I put MJ’s Herbals arnica salve on any bruises, Kahina argan oil on any extra dry patches or eczema and every couple of weeks, on days I’m only running errands or not going out in public at all, I use Kahina argan oil as a treatment on my hair and leave it in until the next day’s shampoo. Every day in winter, or as little as possible in the good weather, I blow dry my hair.
I love RMS un-coverup. Sometimes, depending on how “good” my skin is, I use Vapour Organic Beauty Atmosphere Luminous Foundation. Then I like Revolution Organics Freedom Glow Beauty Balm as blush, RMS Beauty cream eye shadow in Solar or Lunar, Shu Uemura eyelash curler, Josie Maran mascara, Anastasia Perfect Brow pencil, Dior Lip Maximiser or RMS Beauty lip balm. Okay, so now I can really see why the Desert Island Challenge was too hard for me… :)
Ha! Is she awesome, or what?
Wootwoot, we’re very excited to have Futurenatural back for a fabuloso Friday Deal. Hailing from Austin—any Austin readers in the house?—this online natural beauty site carries many of our favorite brands, from Scotch Naturals, to RMS, to Kahina and Lotus Wei. Today’s star is of course One Love Organics, whose Skin Savior balm has become a bit of a cult favorite for the green beauty set, and is currently Alexandra’s go-to face cleansing oil. But there’s more to the deal than that!
Here’s the dillio: Spend over $30 on any One Love Organics products and you’ll receive a travel size Skin Savior Balm, valued at $16. OR order over $60 and get their new (and wonderful) travel-sized Morning Glory Serum, valued at $29.
What’s more is that Futurenatural is also offering a site-wide 10% discount on ALL products. This applies with or without One Love purchases. For ALL PROMOS just use the NMDL code and the deals will be applied automatically.
The deal lasts until Sunday night at midnight!
Happy shopping everybody! And happy long weekend for the lucky ducks getting it!
Ugh. My lips have been SO chapped, it’s really the pits. First, you can’t wear lipstick, and then, one glass of red makes you look like a wino.
On the plus side, though, my winter-worn lips have allowed me to properly explore the wonderful world of multitasking balms available. As many of you know, when it comes to clean beauty, often what works on your lips also does wonders on your elbows, and maybe even under your eyes.
Does any balm totally cure chapped lips? Not overnight. But they make them feel about a thousand times more bearable, and prettier to look at too.
Also, when you’re using a product with skin-nourishing oils, you’re not only keeping moisture into the lip (without the drying ingredients, like alcohol, and nasty chemicals found in conventional balms) but you’re also feeding the skin with healthy fats and other friendly ingredients.
Here’s a quick look at five of my new new favorite balms. But we know there are others! What do you use?
1. One Love Organics Skin Savior Balm: I’ve been meaning to write about this stuff for a while. Lately I’ve been using it on lips, as well as to cleanse my face (sometimes with my new Clarisonic gadget, which we must discuss in another post). I was also delighted to see that my sister, who lives in cold and windy Toronto, found it at Shop Pretty there—and it’s her new fave for everything. Thing is, it’s on the pricier side. But! We have a Friday Deal in the works with these guys and Futurenatural later in February.
2. Waxelene: We’ve covered this stuff before, it’s the Vaseline of naturals and work great on lips, elbows, dry patches, and even to remove eye makeup in a pinch.
3. Yvonne Ryding Instant Repair: This product reminds me of old favorite, Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream (did any of you use that?). While definitely not vegan—the first ingredient in this product is lanolin (from sheep) and the third is cera alba (from bees)—this stuff is gangbusters. The line is not perfectly chem-free, but this wonderful product is. I use it mostly on my lips, but it also makes for a nice cheek and brow highlighter. And if I manage to hit the slopes before winter is through, I will bring it with and apply to any exposed skin.
4. Zoe Organics Refresh Lip Balm: This simple little lip-only balm comes in a dainty pink tube that I just love using. And because it has lime peel, peppermint, ginger essential oils, it’s all tingly, tasty goodness.
5. DollyMoo Lip Balm: This is a brand-new discovery and I’ve been using these since I got them in the mail last week. I really like the way they feel, taste and smell. Also, because of the black packaging and the not-too girly scents, these are definitely boy friendly. So you can ditch the Chapstick too, guys.
What have you been doing for chapped lips?