Send Us Your Morning Routine!

morningtea

One of our favorite NMDL traditions is the weekly Morning Routines Exposed feature. We love hearing about how you care for yourself, what your favorite DIYs and holy grail products are, and how you go about your morning in preparation for the day ahead. Your personal rituals inspire us and — judging by the comments readers leave on those posts — they get you excited about the clean beauty lifestyle, too!

If you’ve enjoyed the Morning Routines Exposed series but have yet to contribute your own, we want to hear from you!  Tell us how you roll out of bed and what your morning looks like. We want all the juicy details. At the beginning of the write-up let us know the following:

• Name
  • Age
  • City
  • Current Weather
  • Skin
  • Hair
  • Favorite Star From the Past

Want some examples of how it’s done? Here are two vastly different but equally beautiful morning routines — one from Gayatri and one from Julianna.

We can’t wait to hear from you! Send your routine to nomoredirtylooks@gmail.com with Morning Routine in the subject line.

Comments
9 Responses to “Send Us Your Morning Routine!”
  1. Silvy says:

Noooo. I was so excited for a morning routine today. :) Maybe it’s time for me to send in a new one!

2. Karo says:

I sent my routine to you twice and never even got a reply :(

3. @Karo I’m sorry to hear that! I just searched our email account and can’t find anything from you (I searched using the email address associated with your comment.) Are you sure you’re sending it to the right account? nomoredirtylooks@gmail.com Is it possible you can forward it to us again?

4. Karo says:

Hi Susannah,

I just resent it :).

Thanks!
    Karolina

5. Emily says:

Do you allow repeats? My routine was posted a year or two ago, but I’ve changed things up a lot since then!

6. Bianca says:

I would love to see a routine from someone managing with seborrheic dermatitis on the face. I’m having a hard time finding a clean makeup foundation and face wash to wash it off that don’t cause flare ups (most of them contain oil which is very triggering). And the flaky, reddish skin texture is very challenging to work with foundation-wise…everything tends to emphasize the flakes and cracks in skin and doesn’t stay put on the inflamed red parts :(

7. Renata says:

@Bianca mine wasn’t seborrheic, but l also battled dermatitis on my face, and I found out that mineral powder foundations are the way to go with inflamed skin, also zinc oxide in the mineral foundations also seemed to help the skin too. While none of the cream or liquid foundations worked, trust me. Have you tried mineral powders and how did you find them?
    My routine was featured here a little while back, and I also have a blog post on how I healed it, and while I don’t talk about make up in my post, I thought you might find it interesting and/or helpful?

8. Bianca says:

Hi Renata thank you for responding! I have tried many different mineral makeup foundations but my skin is so flaky they’ve all only emphasized the flakes and cracks as the powder clings to to them instead of covering them up. I will give it another try as my friend gave me a sample of Alima. I may need to play around with how I apply it (tap on my skin versus buffing it in) and that might give me a better looking finish on my flaky areas.
    I will have to read through how you healed! Thanks for sharing and I hope I get some ideas. I’m definitely seeing progress at the moment but it would be great to have makeup and face wash options on my flared up and flakier days.

9. Shivani says:

I have been following NMDL and feel that morning routines are awesome and exciting. I just have one suggestion – rather than posting the headshot of a ‘celebrity favorite from the past’, you could try posting the cover picture of the person who is sharing her morning routine herself. It is hard to know what routine works well and what does not. Each routine sounds great but would great to see its effects on the person who is using it.
    Some people may be comfortable, some may not be and some may even be excited about their pictures appearing on your lovely site.
    As a reader, I will be able to map a routine to the actual skin of the person who has posted their morning routine and can try a routine that is followed by a ‘my skin but better’ fellow blogger.