Happy Friday Deal from Lotus Wei!

Screen Shot 2015-05-07 at 1.26.59 PM

Happy very exciting Friday, everyone! It’s Lotus Wei’s day, and they have some new goodies.

Longtime readers of the site—and certainly anyone who knows me personally—knows I’m a flower essence junkie. I have mists on my desk at the office. I carry perfume and elixirs in my handbag at all times. Next to the bed there’s always a spray and an oil. I’ve often said that the world would be a better place if we all took Infinite Love every day, and I’m even concocting a scheme to sneak Joy Juice drops into people’s drinking water at my wedding in July. They’ve been a staple in my life for several years now, and while I still can’t explain exactly why, I will say this: I believe they work.

Lotus Wei‘s founder likes to say that flower essences connect you with nature, which is a sweet thought and a big part of the appeal. They also connect you to your own true nature—which is, in all cases, a sweet nature (even if some people who don’t always act like it). Plus, because Katie uses natural scents with her flower essences, which are odorless, they all smell amazing and are instant mood changers. But the real magic of flower essences seems to happen over time.

We’ve all gone through periods in life when everything feels like it’s in alignment: when our work is truly reflecting the best of what we can contribute to the world and our relationships have a certain ease and flow, and the subway always seems to arrive right when we get to the platform. Yeah, I don’t always live there either. But I find that when I’m regularly taking flower essences, particularly in elixir form, I’m a little more likely to feel like that.

All right, now for the nitty gritty: A site-wide 15% discount plus a free Truthteller Lip Balm with each order. The code is NMDL15 and the deal lasts until next Thursday at midnight.

I recently got to sample some of Lotus Wei’s new limited-edition products, including the slightly tinted flower remedy lip balm—”to help you speak your truth”—and they’re all lovely. I especially love the new anointing oils, and if I was a very generous yoga teacher I would use this on my students during savasana. Instead, I use them on myself and my fiancé and my friends. (The Healing Sleep one, which is probably the best-named product I can think of, is by the bed. Who doesn’t want/need healing sleep?) Not to play favorites but the real standout for me in the new collection is the Luscious Life oil, which smells like hiking in Maine on a hot summer day. It’s got a slightly sweet earthy mossy honey smell that completely takes me away.

While we’re on the topic, we’d love to know: Have you ever tried flower remedies? And if so, what’s your favorite and what’s been your experience? Tell, tell.

Comments
11 Responses to “Happy Friday Deal from Lotus Wei!”
  1. Hazel says:

I love flower remedies. I use Lotus Wei mists. My morning ritual is to spray myself with the Lotus Wei mists starting with Inspired Action and ending with Inner Peace. Then I do my daily meditation & get ready for the day. I’ve done experiments where I don’t use the mists or meditate. I have to say it makes a difference when I use the mists and meditate. It really helps to set the tone for the day.

2. Naomi says:

Wedding in July? Congratulations! Can I put in a request now for a Wedding Day Make Up post, please??? Your make up recommendations and reviews have always been stellar for me, I’m looking for more ideas to steal from you :)

3. Naomi says:

I used to use Lotus Wei regularly but it’s been a while since I’ve used up all my stock. I definitely want to get some more Infinite Love – not sure if it had any concrete effect on people around me but I like the scent and I always felt really good wearing it. Which, in my opinion, is the point of any fragrance – I wear it for me.

Question for anyone who can offer advice: what is the difference between the perfume, the serum and the mist? Obviously they are different mediums, but really, is there any difference in which I choose? I’d like to get the perfume but the idea of the serum also intrigues me. The site says to put it on your face, is there any skincare benefit to this?

4. Dream & Scheme says:

I’ve been eyeing trying their Infinitive Love and update Joy Juice formula. This brand is so lovely and thoughtful!

5. siobhan says:

Hi @Naomi! The perfume is my favorite of the three in Infinite Love, but that’s also kind of like asking me which of my nonexistent kids I love best. The serum scent is lovely, a little mellower since it’s in an oil. The perfume lasts longest, in my experience. I like the mist as an instantaneous pick me up — that scent doesn’t last very long either (it’s not meant to!). Long way of saying you can’t go wrong.

6. Rebecca Bailey says:

I love Lotus Wei. Inspired Action and Pure Energy in mist form are my favorites, and I’m known at work for sharing : )

I love the elixirs too, though I have a certain skepticism about this. The effects of scent on the brain make perfect sense to me, but the flower essences themselves – I know of no mechanism of action for those in the body. That doesn’t stop me from using them though, I kind of suspend disbelief and try to focus on the experience. I’ve used the regular elixirs, but I did the first Flowerevolution and I’m doing the Sky program now. I did feel changes in my life after the first round, but who knows if that’s the reason. They are tasty though, and I like the ritual, so I’m willing to keep going.

@Naomi, I love the serums for hair. They are the right consistency and I get lots of compliments on the scent. I use them as perfume in general, since I can’t handle alcohol based perfume.

7. Carol says:

I’m a huge Lotus Wei fan! I am absolutely crazy for Katie’s new incarnation of Joy Juice with Jasmine added. It’s a huge improvement over the old formula. I use the Joy Juice mist & elixir every morning to brighten my day and throughout the day to brighten my mood if feeling down. I put it in my water bottle & my tea and under my tongue. I notice a big difference when I am out of it.

Infinite love is my favorite. I keep the perfume in my purse & bathroom counter and use all day. The scent is very healing and I really can feel the gentle loving energy of it. The mist is on my bedside and the serum is lovely added to unscented hand lotion. I like Rebecca’s suggestion to use it in my hair I am going to try that. I love that it smells lovely but also heals bitterness and anger and things that make us struggle to feel at peace.

Quiet Mind mist around the room & serum rubbed on back of neck and soles of feet has helped both my husband and daughter with sleep issues. Inner Peace in serum form and mist form get the strongest reactions from me. Very powerful stuff.

Pure Energy has changed formulas. I miss the old grapefruit & coffee scent. The new one is nice but smells more like a forest so if you love fresh pine it is refreshing that way.

I have tried other aromatherapy but nothing compares to the quality and effect of Lotus Wei.

8. Right now I’m totally into the Luscious Life body oil, which I use on my face and hands at night & in the morning. Can’t put my finger on it but it makes me feel just right. I’m also in awe of Katie’s 6 month transformational programs – the Flowerevolution – a total YES if you want to see progressive, life changing results. Curated with her extraordinary intuition about what we need and when, it is amazing to move through the experience with a group of like-minded flowerevolutionaries, and feel the community shift.

9. Kirsten says:

Just had a look at their website, was tempted to try a few things. But, wow, very expensive international shipping!

10. Robbie says:

Hi Kirsten,

It’s Robbie from LOTUSWEI. We too wish it was cheaper to ship internationally. Your NMDL15 coupon code should help as it will get you 15% off of your order. Best wishes!

11. jonnie says:

Is there anywhere in NYC that carries the products? I can’t commit to a scent without smelling it first. Even when I do smell things and like them at first many times I can’t tolerate it after a little while. Need a test drive!!