The Sleep Results Are In! Are You Rested?
Well hello, sleepyheads, I have just finished tabulating responses to our sleep survey. Here’s what we found:
—On average you are sleeping 7 hours a night. Not too shabby! Though studies have shown that people tend to overestimate how much they sleep…
—About 40% of you go to bed between 10pm and midnight. The exact same number go to bed after midnight. Only 10% go to bed before 10pm (so much for Ayurveda!). The rest of you have more complicated patterns that could not be measured. Many reported a lot of time in bed, with not so much time asleep.
—Congrats to the 54% of you that have zero, zip, no trouble sleeping. Unfortunately that leaves 46% who do. Stress was a big factor in falling asleep, and many of you reported waking up frequently in the night. There were a few nods to dogs, babies, and men (the last both helping and hindering).
A lot of you report waking up to pee as well. If that’s a big problem, try avoiding liquids after 8pm. For other tips on how to get a better night’s sleep check out our recent post about it here.
Overall these results seem okay, though many of us could stand to improve our sleep life a bit, no? One last question then for the poll: Do you feel rested with the hours you get? (A simple yes or no in the comments section would be great!)
Image of beautiful waking woman via